What is involved in SAP Cloud Platform
Find out what the related areas are that SAP Cloud Platform connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP Cloud Platform thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP Cloud Platform journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP Cloud Platform leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP Cloud Platform related domains to cover and 99 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Unify SAP Cloud Platform goals and innovate what needs to be done with SAP Cloud Platform.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SAP Cloud Platform does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who sets the SAP Cloud Platform standards?
– How to Secure SAP Cloud Platform?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Apple Inc. results and learn.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP Cloud Platform process?
– How do we know that any SAP Cloud Platform analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP Cloud Platform activities?
CloudFoundry Critical Criteria:
Guide CloudFoundry goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging CloudFoundry.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective SAP Cloud Platform leader?
– How do we Identify specific SAP Cloud Platform investment and emerging trends?
– How can you measure SAP Cloud Platform in a systematic way?
Cloud Computing Critical Criteria:
Merge Cloud Computing adoptions and work towards be a leading Cloud Computing expert.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cloud Foundry decisions and remodel and develop an effective Cloud Foundry strategy.
– What are the Essentials of Internal SAP Cloud Platform Management?
– What threat is SAP Cloud Platform addressing?
Eclipse Critical Criteria:
Value Eclipse quality and proactively manage Eclipse risks.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate SAP Cloud Platform delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are all of our SAP Cloud Platform domains and what do they do?
– How do we Lead with SAP Cloud Platform in Mind?
Gamification Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Gamification leadership and proactively manage Gamification risks.
– How can you negotiate SAP Cloud Platform successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What business benefits will SAP Cloud Platform goals deliver if achieved?
– Is there any existing SAP Cloud Platform governance structure?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Rank Internet of things projects and get going.
– Scalabilitydefine how the solution must respond efficiently to business growth expectations. What is the expected growth in terms of time, magnitude, location?
– What are the constraints that massive deployment of objects/sensor at the network periphery do put on network capabilities and architectures?
– How could FCC rules be changed to make it easier for small businesses to participate in the Internet of Things?
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– How to re-issue the secrete key to the device again in case of key leakage to third party?
– For each recipient component or office, what information is shared and for what purpose?
– What can a single chip embedded deep within a device do for the enterprise at large?
– How will the IoT impact the cloud and other aspects of the future of computing?
– What additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– Can the Contractor equipment be modified, and if so, by other Contractors?
– Who are the vendors and startups active in the Internet of Things?
– How can the RoI of IoT applications be assessed and measured?
– Does the system evolve toward a stable mix of agent types?
– What are the best examples of the Internet of things?
– Why is the information being collected?
– How can we drive iot at every level?
– When do we use agent modeling?
– Will we find gold in iiot?
– Where Are the TPMs?
– What is an Agent?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once SAP Cloud Platform is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this SAP Cloud Platform process?
– Will SAP Cloud Platform have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Mobile World Congress Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mobile World Congress adoptions and catalog what business benefits will Mobile World Congress goals deliver if achieved.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP Cloud Platform strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with SAP Cloud Platform ?
– When a SAP Cloud Platform manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Node.js Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Node.js leadership and oversee Node.js management by competencies.
– Do those selected for the SAP Cloud Platform team have a good general understanding of what SAP Cloud Platform is all about?
– What are our needs in relation to SAP Cloud Platform skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Does our organization need more SAP Cloud Platform education?
On premises Critical Criteria:
Trace On premises adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure On premises is getting what it needs.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a SAP Cloud Platform strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are our SAP Cloud Platform Processes?
Platform as a Service Critical Criteria:
Nurse Platform as a Service projects and define Platform as a Service competency-based leadership.
– Is there a SAP Cloud Platform Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we Improve SAP Cloud Platform service perception, and satisfaction?
SAP HANA Critical Criteria:
Define SAP HANA quality and pay attention to the small things.
– For your SAP Cloud Platform project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does SAP Cloud Platform analysis show the relationships among important SAP Cloud Platform factors?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SAP Cloud Platform?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Powwow over SAP SE outcomes and drive action.
– How can we improve SAP Cloud Platform?
Software development kit Critical Criteria:
Frame Software development kit quality and mentor Software development kit customer orientation.
– Is Supporting SAP Cloud Platform documentation required?
– How can skill-level changes improve SAP Cloud Platform?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Chart Virtual machine outcomes and describe which business rules are needed as Virtual machine interface.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (vm) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the aws cloud cannot provide?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once SAP Cloud Platform is underway?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
– How is the value delivered by SAP Cloud Platform being measured?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP Cloud Platform Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc.: NASDAQ:AAPL quotes & news – Google Finance
Apple Inc. (AAPL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
CloudFoundry External links:
Kubernetes vs. CloudFoundry – Stack Overflow
CloudFoundry Sizing and Costing Tool
GitHub – cloudfoundry/bosh: Cloud Foundry BOSH is an …
Cloud Computing External links:
Cloud Computing | Oracle
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Foundry External links:
Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Eclipse External links:
Solar eclipse 2017 | The Seattle Times
Eclipse 2017 – National Weather Service
Gamification External links:
Classcraft – All-in-One Education Gamification Platform
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things (IoT) | Microsoft
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Mobile World Congress External links:
Mobile World Congress 2017 | Accenture
GSMA Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017 Registration
Snapchat IPO; Trump Tuesday; Mobile World Congress
Node.js External links:
Node.js Tools for Visual Studio – Home
Platform as a Service External links:
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE Training and Tutorials | Lynda.com
SAP – SAP SE Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Software development kit External links:
SDK Software Development Kit | ZOLL
LZMA SDK (Software Development Kit)
iOS Software Development Kit (SDK)
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Licensing FAQ | Microsoft Azure
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
VMware vCenter Converter: P2V Virtual Machine Converter