What is involved in Desktop Virtualization
Find out what the related areas are that Desktop Virtualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Desktop Virtualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Desktop Virtualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Desktop Virtualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Desktop Virtualization related domains to cover and 80 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Desktop Virtualization, Apple–Intel architecture, Application software, Application virtualization, Citrix XenApp, Cloud computing, Data as a service, Desktop environment, Hardware virtualization, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Corporation, Parallels Desktop for Mac, Remote Desktop Protocol, Remote Desktop Services, Software as a service, Tablet computer, Thin client, VMware Fusion, VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, Virtual PC:
Desktop Virtualization Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Desktop Virtualization visions and summarize a clear Desktop Virtualization focus.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– Which Desktop Virtualization goals are the most important?
– How would one define Desktop Virtualization leadership?
– How to Secure Desktop Virtualization?
Apple–Intel architecture Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Apple–Intel architecture projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Apple–Intel architecture.
– Can we add value to the current Desktop Virtualization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the business goals Desktop Virtualization is aiming to achieve?
– Do we all define Desktop Virtualization in the same way?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Consider Application software leadership and look at it backwards.
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– How do we keep improving Desktop Virtualization?
– Is the scope of Desktop Virtualization defined?
– What is Effective Desktop Virtualization?
Application virtualization Critical Criteria:
Study Application virtualization projects and know what your objective is.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Desktop Virtualization ?
– Does Desktop Virtualization analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we Identify specific Desktop Virtualization investment and emerging trends?
– Which product provides an application virtualization solution?
Citrix XenApp Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Citrix XenApp tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Citrix XenApp results.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Desktop Virtualization forward?
– What about disaster recovery?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Cloud computing tasks and pioneer acquisition of Cloud computing systems.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– Does Desktop Virtualization include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data as a service projects and forecast involvement of future Data as a service projects in development.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Desktop Virtualization activities?
– Do Desktop Virtualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why is Desktop Virtualization important for you now?
Desktop environment Critical Criteria:
Confer re Desktop environment tasks and look at it backwards.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Desktop Virtualization moving forward?
– Does Desktop Virtualization appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Why should we adopt a Desktop Virtualization framework?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Detail Hardware virtualization tasks and remodel and develop an effective Hardware virtualization strategy.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Desktop Virtualization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How likely is the current Desktop Virtualization plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Microsoft App-V Critical Criteria:
Talk about Microsoft App-V quality and integrate design thinking in Microsoft App-V innovation.
– Which customers cant participate in our Desktop Virtualization domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Desktop Virtualization process?
– How much does Desktop Virtualization help?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Confer over Microsoft Windows issues and integrate design thinking in Microsoft Windows innovation.
– Is maximizing Desktop Virtualization protection the same as minimizing Desktop Virtualization loss?
– Are we Assessing Desktop Virtualization and Risk?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Examine Oracle Corporation governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Oracle Corporation services.
– Does Desktop Virtualization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Desktop Virtualization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Parallels Desktop for Mac Critical Criteria:
Administer Parallels Desktop for Mac tactics and change contexts.
– Will Desktop Virtualization deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How is the value delivered by Desktop Virtualization being measured?
Remote Desktop Protocol Critical Criteria:
Learn from Remote Desktop Protocol adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Remote Desktop Protocol.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Desktop Virtualization agendas for the next 3 years?
– What will drive Desktop Virtualization change?
Remote Desktop Services Critical Criteria:
Survey Remote Desktop Services decisions and separate what are the business goals Remote Desktop Services is aiming to achieve.
– How do we measure improved Desktop Virtualization service perception, and satisfaction?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Desktop Virtualization processes?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Check Software as a service governance and perfect Software as a service conflict management.
– Do the Desktop Virtualization decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What vendors make products that address the Desktop Virtualization needs?
– Is there any existing Desktop Virtualization governance structure?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Tablet computer decisions and differentiate in coordinating Tablet computer.
– Do we monitor the Desktop Virtualization decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Thin client Critical Criteria:
Face Thin client engagements and learn.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Desktop Virtualization product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Desktop Virtualization, including any consulting or professional services?
VMware Fusion Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on VMware Fusion management and point out improvements in VMware Fusion.
– How can you negotiate Desktop Virtualization successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is Desktop Virtualization Required?
VMware Horizon View Critical Criteria:
Survey VMware Horizon View failures and find the essential reading for VMware Horizon View researchers.
– How do we Improve Desktop Virtualization service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Comparing Desktop Virtualization approaches/solutions?
– What are internal and external Desktop Virtualization relations?
VMware ThinApp Critical Criteria:
Deliberate VMware ThinApp adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing VMware ThinApp.
– Have all basic functions of Desktop Virtualization been defined?
Virtual PC Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Virtual PC governance and differentiate in coordinating Virtual PC.
– To what extent does management recognize Desktop Virtualization as a tool to increase the results?
– How to deal with Desktop Virtualization Changes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Desktop Virtualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Desktop Virtualization External links:
MED-V – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization | TechNet
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Application software External links:
Application Software for Secondary Mortgage Management
Title application software Free Download for Windows
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Citrix XenApp External links:
Citrix XenApp 6.0 | FileMaker Community
HQDA Citrix XenApp Application Portal
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Data as a service External links:
BrightPlanet – Deep Web Data Collection & Data as a Service
DaaS: Contact Informatica Data as a Service
Desktop environment External links:
Lumina Desktop Environment | Exploring and sharing …
Using vagrant to run virtual machines with desktop environment
Microsoft App-V External links:
Microsoft App-V – Virtual Applications | TechNet
Roel Beijnes | Microsoft App-V and workspace related topics
Microsoft Windows External links:
MS17-012: Security update for Microsoft Windows: …
Changing Microsoft Windows and Office Product Keys
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
Remote Desktop Protocol External links:
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Exposure – Rapid7 Blog
The Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) provides remote display and input capabilities over network connections for Windows-based applications running on a …
http://Download Remote Desktop Client RDC 7.0 or 7.1 / …
Remote Desktop Protocol (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
Remote Desktop Services External links:
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop Services …
How to Force Remote Desktop Services on Windows 7 to …
Install Remote Desktop Services Client Access Licenses
Software as a service External links:
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Software as a Service | Accenture
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Thin client External links:
TER Death Thin Client Page
HP Thin Client software and OS | HP® Official Site
DWD Thin Client System
VMware Fusion External links:
VMware Fusion – Official Site
Copying a virtual machine in VMware Fusion (1001524)
VMware Horizon View External links:
NYCHHC – VMware Horizon View
[PDF]Using VMware Horizon View HTML Access – Horizon …
VMware Horizon View
VMware ThinApp External links:
Enabling VMware ThinApp virtual applications for …
VMware ThinApp Blog – Deliver and deploy applications …
Virtual PC External links:
Virtual PC | Division of Information Technology
With Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, you can create and run one or more virtual machines, each with its own operating system, on a single computer.