What is involved in Enterprise Content Management ECM
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Content Management ECM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Content Management ECM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Content Management ECM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Content Management ECM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Content Management ECM related domains to cover and 136 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Content Management ECM, Knowledge management, Artesia Digital Media Group, Image scanning, Real Story Group, Enterprise content integration, Corporate taxonomies, Optical disc, Information governance, Enterprise Output Management, Web content management, Digital archiving, Digital asset management, Saros Corporation, Enterprise relationship management, Tape library, Unstructured information, Content Management Interoperability Services, Software as a service, Digital television, Portable Document Format, Hard drives, Electronic signature, Information Retrieval, Collaborative software, Electronic publishing, Db technology, XML Paper Specification, Floppy disk, Handwriting recognition, Intelligent character recognition, Network-attached storage, Compound annual growth rate, Information Lifecycle Management, Repository Open Service Interface Definition, Autonomy Corporation, Nearline storage, Magnetic tape data storage, Electronic Data Interchange, Electronic business, Image scanner, Magnetic tape, Digital rights management, Document management, Retention period, Personal digital assistant, Document management system, Public key infrastructure, Magneto-optical drive:
Enterprise Content Management ECM Critical Criteria:
Nurse Enterprise Content Management ECM results and find out.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise Content Management ECM project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are current Enterprise Content Management ECM Paradigms?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Define Knowledge management governance and know what your objective is.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Enterprise Content Management ECM agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– How do we manage Enterprise Content Management ECM Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How will you measure your Enterprise Content Management ECM effectiveness?
– Is a Enterprise Content Management ECM Team Work effort in place?
Artesia Digital Media Group Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Artesia Digital Media Group leadership and get going.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Enterprise Content Management ECM values?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise Content Management ECM deliverables?
Image scanning Critical Criteria:
Coach on Image scanning outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Image scanning skills.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise Content Management ECM process?
– Does the Enterprise Content Management ECM task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Content Management ECM goals?
Real Story Group Critical Criteria:
Jump start Real Story Group leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple Real Story Group skills.
– How important is Enterprise Content Management ECM to the user organizations mission?
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Content Management ECM and Risk?
Enterprise content integration Critical Criteria:
Recall Enterprise content integration tasks and assess what counts with Enterprise content integration that we are not counting.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise Content Management ECM?
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Content Management ECM stated explicitly?
– What are the business goals Enterprise Content Management ECM is aiming to achieve?
Corporate taxonomies Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Corporate taxonomies engagements and learn.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Enterprise Content Management ECM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Content Management ECMs Integrity?
– What are our Enterprise Content Management ECM Processes?
Optical disc Critical Criteria:
Add value to Optical disc projects and triple focus on important concepts of Optical disc relationship management.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Enterprise Content Management ECM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Content Management ECM?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Information governance issues and perfect Information governance conflict management.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Enterprise Content Management ECM experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Enterprise Content Management ECM forward?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Content Management ECM moving forward?
Enterprise Output Management Critical Criteria:
Examine Enterprise Output Management visions and attract Enterprise Output Management skills.
– Will Enterprise Content Management ECM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Web content management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Web content management failures and cater for concise Web content management education.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Content Management ECM?
– What are all of our Enterprise Content Management ECM domains and what do they do?
– What is our Enterprise Content Management ECM Strategy?
Digital archiving Critical Criteria:
Shape Digital archiving outcomes and define what do we need to start doing with Digital archiving.
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Content Management ECM being measured?
– How much does Enterprise Content Management ECM help?
– Are there Enterprise Content Management ECM Models?
Digital asset management Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Digital asset management outcomes and define what our big hairy audacious Digital asset management goal is.
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Content Management ECM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Enterprise Content Management ECM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the usability implications of Enterprise Content Management ECM actions?
Saros Corporation Critical Criteria:
Judge Saros Corporation quality and look in other fields.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Enterprise Content Management ECM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Content Management ECM ?
Enterprise relationship management Critical Criteria:
Judge Enterprise relationship management visions and drive action.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Enterprise Content Management ECM project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are internal and external Enterprise Content Management ECM relations?
– Why is Enterprise Content Management ECM important for you now?
Tape library Critical Criteria:
Systematize Tape library engagements and work towards be a leading Tape library expert.
– Think about the functions involved in your Enterprise Content Management ECM project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Content Management ECM been identified and analyzed?
Unstructured information Critical Criteria:
Align Unstructured information projects and create a map for yourself.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Content Management ECM project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Content Management ECM project lifecycle?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Content Management ECM workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is the solution going to generate structured, semistructured, unstructured information for its own use or for use by entities either internal or external to the enterprise?
Content Management Interoperability Services Critical Criteria:
Coach on Content Management Interoperability Services adoptions and summarize a clear Content Management Interoperability Services focus.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Enterprise Content Management ECM project manager?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Enterprise Content Management ECM activities?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Graph Software as a service tasks and stake your claim.
– Can we add value to the current Enterprise Content Management ECM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Will Enterprise Content Management ECM have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Have you identified your Enterprise Content Management ECM key performance indicators?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Digital television Critical Criteria:
Model after Digital television strategies and differentiate in coordinating Digital television.
– Do the Enterprise Content Management ECM decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Content Management ECM project?
Portable Document Format Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Portable Document Format planning and oversee Portable Document Format management by competencies.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Enterprise Content Management ECM process?
Hard drives Critical Criteria:
Check Hard drives outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Are equipment (such as servers, workstations, laptops, and hard drives) and media containing cardholder data physically protected against unauthorized access?
– Are machine hard drives or media storing data destroyed or otherwise rendered unreadable prior to disposal?
– What threat is Enterprise Content Management ECM addressing?
Electronic signature Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Electronic signature governance and point out improvements in Electronic signature.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise Content Management ECM leader?
– What business benefits will Enterprise Content Management ECM goals deliver if achieved?
Information Retrieval Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Information Retrieval engagements and find out.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Content Management ECM services/products?
– When a Enterprise Content Management ECM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are accountability and ownership for Enterprise Content Management ECM clearly defined?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Refer to Collaborative software decisions and arbitrate Collaborative software techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise Content Management ECM with what users do day-to-day?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise Content Management ECM processes?
Electronic publishing Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Electronic publishing tasks and look at the big picture.
– Consider your own Enterprise Content Management ECM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Content Management ECM decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Db technology Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Db technology goals and proactively manage Db technology risks.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Content Management ECM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there recognized Enterprise Content Management ECM problems?
XML Paper Specification Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about XML Paper Specification projects and gather practices for scaling XML Paper Specification.
– For your Enterprise Content Management ECM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Enterprise Content Management ECM activities?
– Are there Enterprise Content Management ECM problems defined?
Floppy disk Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Floppy disk quality and observe effective Floppy disk.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise Content Management ECM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– How can the value of Enterprise Content Management ECM be defined?
Handwriting recognition Critical Criteria:
Use past Handwriting recognition tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Handwriting recognition.
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Content Management ECM in Mind?
– Why are Enterprise Content Management ECM skills important?
Intelligent character recognition Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Intelligent character recognition decisions and find out what it really means.
– In the case of a Enterprise Content Management ECM project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Content Management ECM project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Content Management ECM project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Enterprise Content Management ECM ?
Network-attached storage Critical Criteria:
Generalize Network-attached storage planning and sort Network-attached storage activities.
– What vendors make products that address the Enterprise Content Management ECM needs?
– What will drive Enterprise Content Management ECM change?
Compound annual growth rate Critical Criteria:
Generalize Compound annual growth rate tasks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Enterprise Content Management ECM. How do we gain traction?
– Does Enterprise Content Management ECM create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Check Information Lifecycle Management risks and look at the big picture.
– Who sets the Enterprise Content Management ECM standards?
– Do we all define Enterprise Content Management ECM in the same way?
Repository Open Service Interface Definition Critical Criteria:
Study Repository Open Service Interface Definition leadership and intervene in Repository Open Service Interface Definition processes and leadership.
– Think of your Enterprise Content Management ECM project. what are the main functions?
Autonomy Corporation Critical Criteria:
Guide Autonomy Corporation projects and improve Autonomy Corporation service perception.
Nearline storage Critical Criteria:
Survey Nearline storage quality and grade techniques for implementing Nearline storage controls.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Enterprise Content Management ECM?
Magnetic tape data storage Critical Criteria:
Dissect Magnetic tape data storage visions and track iterative Magnetic tape data storage results.
– Is there a Enterprise Content Management ECM Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Electronic Data Interchange Critical Criteria:
Graph Electronic Data Interchange projects and find the essential reading for Electronic Data Interchange researchers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise Content Management ECM processes?
– Among the Enterprise Content Management ECM product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Electronic business Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Electronic business quality and prioritize challenges of Electronic business.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise Content Management ECM?
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise Content Management ECM investment and emerging trends?
– How to deal with Enterprise Content Management ECM Changes?
Image scanner Critical Criteria:
Unify Image scanner tasks and intervene in Image scanner processes and leadership.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Content Management ECM products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Magnetic tape Critical Criteria:
Own Magnetic tape goals and tour deciding if Magnetic tape progress is made.
– How can you negotiate Enterprise Content Management ECM successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Content Management ECM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Digital rights management Critical Criteria:
Think about Digital rights management visions and drive action.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Enterprise Content Management ECM delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does our tool have the ability to integrate with Digital Rights Management Client & Server?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Rank Document management management and define Document management competency-based leadership.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
Retention period Critical Criteria:
Coach on Retention period tasks and display thorough understanding of the Retention period process.
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Content Management ECM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How does the cloud provider destroy PII at the end of the retention period?
– What is the retention period for the data in the system?
– What is the retention period of the data?
– How will retention periods be tracked?
Personal digital assistant Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Personal digital assistant tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Personal digital assistant skills.
– What support does the IT Security product provide for laptops/notebooks, personal digital assistants (PDA), and IP-based phones?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Trace Document management system adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Document management system information.
– How would one define Enterprise Content Management ECM leadership?
Public key infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Face Public key infrastructure goals and test out new things.
Magneto-optical drive Critical Criteria:
Explore Magneto-optical drive visions and balance specific methods for improving Magneto-optical drive results.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Content Management ECM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Knowledge management External links:
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
APQC’s 2018 Knowledge Management Conference
Home – livepro: Customer Service Knowledge Management
Artesia Digital Media Group External links:
How To Pronounce Artesia Digital Media Group
http://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Artesia Digital Media Group
Image scanning External links:
Image Scanning and Retouching Services, Digital Silver …
Image scanning software – how to use AutoSplitter
Real Story Group External links:
Real Story Group (@realstorygroup) | Twitter
2 Real Story Group reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Real Story Group – Home | Facebook
Enterprise content integration External links:
Enterprise Content Integration – White Paper and Tip Sheets
[PDF]Enterprise Content Integration Services …
Optical disc External links:
Bryston BOT 1 Optical Disc Player-Audio Advisor
What is optical disc? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Information governance External links:
Information Governance Initiative
Exterro – E-Discovery & Information Governance Software
Enterprise Output Management External links:
Enterprise Output Management Support
About Us | LRS Enterprise Output Management
Web content management External links:
Ingeniux CMS Web Content Management Software Log-in
Web Content Management Solutions by Rackspace
Ingeniux CMS Web Content Management Software Log-in
Digital archiving External links:
Welcome to AccuScan.info-Digital Archiving
Delta-T Digital Archiving – Choice Partners
Digital asset management External links:
Login | Edison International Digital Asset Management
Digital Asset Management Software – Webdam
SFDAM – State Farm Digital Asset Management
Enterprise relationship management External links:
Enterprise Relationship Management – Five9
Tape library External links:
IBM TS3200 Tape Library – Overview – United States
ElderCare Communications: Training Tape Library
Tape Library | eBay
Unstructured information External links:
[PDF]Unstructured Information Processing with Apache …
Manage Unstructured Information as Part of EIM |ASUG
Software as a service External links:
DENTAWEB Software as a service
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Software as a Service | Accenture
Digital television External links:
PBS Digital Television | PBS
Digital Television | Suddenlink Communications
DVB-T USB dongle digital television sticks do NOT …
Portable Document Format External links:
Portable Document Format (PDF) – www.tceq.texas.gov
What is PDF? Adobe Portable Document Format | Adobe …
PDF (Portable Document Format) Family
Hard drives External links:
Windows 10 How To Activate New Hard Drives And SSD’s …
Microsoft support policy for 4K sector hard drives in …
Electronic signature External links:
AssureSign | Electronic Signature Software
eSign PDF with Electronic Signature Free Online
Electronic Signature Pads | Topaz Systems Inc.
Information Retrieval External links:
Introduction to Information Retrieval
[PDF]Introduction to Information Retrieval
[PDF]MANAGEMENT INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SYSTEM
Collaborative software External links:
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
XHANDU Home The First Realtime Collaborative Software
Electronic publishing External links:
Aequs Higher Education Electronic Publishing e …
Db technology External links:
DB Technology – dbtech
DB Technology Company Culture | Comparably
XML Paper Specification External links:
XPS abbreviation stands for XML Paper Specification
XML Paper Specification – Online file converter
Floppy disk External links:
Floppy Disk Drives at Office Depot OfficeMax
3 1 2 floppy disk – Staples Inc.
floppy disk drive – Staples Inc.
Handwriting recognition External links:
Handwriting Recognition on Surface Tablets – Love My …
Surface Pro Handwriting Recognition Demo – YouTube
Intelligent character recognition External links:
INTELLIGENT CHARACTER RECOGNITION (ICR) – …
Compound annual growth rate External links:
Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) | Investopedia
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator | Investopedia
How to Calculate Compound Annual Growth Rate in Excel
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
Information lifecycle management (Book, 2006) …
[PDF]Information Lifecycle Management Policy
Repository Open Service Interface Definition External links:
Repository Open Service Interface Definition. (Redirected from Repository OSID) The Repository Open Service Interface Definition (OSID) is an Open Knowledge Initiative specification which defines the storing and retrieving of digital content, referred to as assets.
Autonomy Corporation External links:
Autonomy Corporation Videos at ABC News Video …
HP News – HP Acquires Control of Autonomy Corporation plc
Autonomy Corporation (@AutonomyCorp) | Twitter
Nearline storage External links:
http://Nearline storage (a portmanteau of “near” and “online storage”) is a term used in computer science to describe an intermediate type of data storage that represents a compromise between online storage (supporting frequent, very rapid access to data) and offline storage/archiving (used for backups or long-term storage, with infrequent access to data).
What is nearline storage? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Electronic Data Interchange External links:
Texas Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Resources
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) | Independence Blue Cross
EDI Basics | Learn about Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Electronic business External links:
[PDF]Electronic Business Transactions – Mass.Gov
Home – Electronic Business Machines
Electronic business. (Journal, magazine, 1997) …
Image scanner External links:
Image scanner.pdf | Image Scanner | Data Compression
Image scanner – Crosfield Electronics Ltd.
FUJITSU Image Scanner – Fujitsu Global
Magnetic tape External links:
This Milwaukee Premium Magnetic Tape Measure will increase productivity on the jobsite. Comes with magnetic hook and finger stop for durability.
Digital rights management External links:
Digital Rights Management | XanEdu
The Pros and Cons of DRM – Digital Rights Management
Digital Rights Management | Xbox 360
Document management External links:
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What Is Document Management? – msdn.microsoft.com
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
Personal digital assistant External links:
Personal Digital Assistant Use – medscape.com
Document management system External links:
Casnet – Document Management System & Scanning …
SKYSITE – Document Management System Software for …
My Lacerte – Downloads – Document Management System
Public key infrastructure External links:
Public Key Infrastructure PowerShell module – Home
[PDF]The DoD Public Key Infrastructure And Public Key …
Introduction | Federal Public Key Infrastructure Guides
Magneto-optical drive External links:
Magneto-Optical Drive operating from inside – YouTube
[PDF]MAGNETO-OPTICAL DRIVE HANDLING GUIDE – …