What is involved in deployment
Find out what the related areas are that deployment connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a deployment thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its ISO 10012 journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward ISO 10012 leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which deployment related domains to cover and 25 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
deployment, Deployment flowchart, Military deployment, Software deployment, System deployment:
deployment Critical Criteria:
Debate over deployment issues and report on developing an effective deployment strategy.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– Which cloud deployment model is typically preferred by an individual who is least concerned about the security or availability risks and most concerned about reducing cost?
– Does our vendor have an efficient, working partner network that can quickly deliver specialized services around the deployment and operation of the iga products?
– Has your organization conducted an evaluation of the Cybersecurity risks for major systems at each stage of the system deployment lifecycle?
– What Agile Management Method do you use when your Development DevOps team is working in Continuous Deployment mode?
– Is there support for predeployment testing and verification of access rules?
– Have you received demonstrable ROI from your deployment?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– Do we have automated deployments?
Deployment flowchart Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Deployment flowchart decisions and explore and align the progress in Deployment flowchart.
– Is deployment Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are assumptions made in deployment stated explicitly?
– Why are deployment skills important?
Military deployment Critical Criteria:
Model after Military deployment leadership and ask what if.
– Among the deployment product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– In a project to restructure deployment outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom deployment project?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Software deployment outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Software deployment projects.
– Do those selected for the deployment team have a good general understanding of what deployment is all about?
– Does deployment create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we go about Comparing deployment approaches/solutions?
System deployment Critical Criteria:
Set goals for System deployment governance and ask questions.
– How important is deployment to the user organizations mission?
– Will deployment deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is the scope of deployment defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the ISO 10012 Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
deployment External links:
Download Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit …
Unattended, A Windows deployment system: …
Deployment | The Integrated Personnel and Pay System – …
Deployment flowchart External links:
Product Deployment Flowchart – RFF
Deployment Flowchart – RFF
AFPC Deployment Flowchart, v6.9 – John Q. Public
Military deployment External links:
Military Deployment: Resources and Advice – USAA
Military Deployment – Veterans Employment Toolkit
Military Deployment, Managing Deployment | Military.com
Software deployment External links:
Sophos Central: Software deployment methods – Sophos Community
System deployment External links:
e2e: Configuring Operating System Deployment in …
Download Microsoft Lync Room System Deployment Guide …
Log Files for Operating System Deployment